1. What year did you _____ university?
2. It seems to be getting worse. You had better _____ a specialist.
3. Chicago is a large city, _____?
4. Don’t leave your books near the open fire. They might easily _____.
|catch to fire|
|catch the fire|
|catch on fire|
|catch with fire|
5. Do you enjoy _____?
6. I have trouble _____.
|to remember my password|
|to remembering my password|
|remember my password|
|remembering my password|
7. Do you have _____ to do today? We could have a long lunch if not.
8. My brother will _____ for a few nights.
|provide us up|
|provide us in|
|put us up|
|put us in|
9. When will the meeting _____?
10. The board meeting was held _____.
11. Why don’t you _____ us?
|go to the house party with|
|go together the house party with|
|go the house party with|
|together the house party with|
12. That awful accident occurred _____.
|before three weeks|
|three weeks before|
|three weeks ago|
|three weeks past|
13. They didn’t _____ John when he explained his decision.
14. The social worker _____ the two old sisters who were ill.
|called to the house of|
|called on the house of|
15. Tomorrow is Paul’s birthday. Let’s _____ it.
16. If you don’t understand the text, don’t hesitate _____.
|ask a question|
|asking a question|
|to ask a question|
|to asking a question|
17. It’s snowing. Would you like to _____ on Saturday or Sunday?
|go to ski|
18. Our company didn’t pay _____ for that banner advertisement.
19. Do you feel like _____ now?
|to go swimming|
20. Tom was thrilled to be _____ such a beautiful and interesting lady.
21. “What happened to them last night? They look depressed”
“I don’t think _____ happened.”
22. “It is not very cold. I don’t think we need these big jackets.”
“I don’t think so, _____.”
23. “Bill is not doing well in class.”
“You must _____ that he is just a beginner at this level.”
|keep to mind|
|keep in mind|
|keeping in mind|
24. “Excuse me. Do you know where the bus terminal is?”
“It is _____ the large police station.”
25. “Those students will perform the annual school play.”
“Yes, it is _____ for next week.”
CALCULATE YOUR MARK OUT OF 100% PERCENT. GOOD LUCK !