1. You can join the club when you ________ a bit older.
(A) will have got
(B) will get
(D) are getting
2. If you ________ your money to mine, we shall have enough.
3. I’ll phone as soon as I ________ to London.
4. We decided ________ at home this afternoon.
(D) to stay
5. He kept ________ the same thing again and again.
(B) to repeat
(C) repeat to
6. They ________ our party about eleven.
(D) have left
7. Paul ________ with us for about nine days by now.
(A) have lived
(B) has lived
(C) had lived
8. Last year I ________ all of my books in my office.
(C) have kept
(D) has kept
9. I’m afraid I ________ my gloves when I was walking home.
(B) will loose
(C) has lost
(D) have lost
10. Mark prefers cycling ________ driving.
11. Your sister used to visit you quite often, ________?
(A) didn’t she
(B) doesn’t she
(C) wouldn’t she
(D) hadn’t she
12. After the way she treated you, if I ________ in your place, I wouldn’t return the call.
13. I think that you had better ________ earlier so that you can get to class on time.
(A) to start to get up
(B) started getting up
(C) start getting up
(D) to get up
14. I have finished typing all ________ the last page.
15. There is no reason to ________ the man simply because you do not agree with him.
(A) insult and defame
(B) enhance and defame
(C) insult and deput
(D) animate and destroy
16. I’m a sharp cookie. There’s no way anybody can pull the wool over my ________.
17. If that firm wants to attract workers, it must ________ the pay.
18. The lung transplant operation was ________ complicated and the doctors had to take special care to ensure its success.
19. Anne’s boss is sometimes forgetful ________ the promises he has made.
20. I am glad so many people have passed the test. In fact, there were ________ who haven’t.
(B) a little
(D) a few
Answer KEY: 1. C 2. A 3. B 4. D 5. D 6. B 7. B 8. B 9. A 10. C 11. A 12. D 13. C 14. B 15. B 16. C 17. B 18. C 19. D 20. C
I WILL UPDATE THE EXPLANATION LATER. CALCULATE YOUR MARK OUT OF 20.